Biennial Associates Retreat
The Biennial Associates Retreat will be April 25 to 28, 2019 at Rosaryville Spirit Life Center in Ponchatoula, LA. As reflected in the retreat theme, “Journey to Transforming Truth,” we will continue our journey toward renewal, reconciliation, and a deeper truth that will transform us as agents of peace.
As Dominicans, we are seekers of truth – seekers of deeper wisdom, revelation, and reconciliation. Our pursuit of truth allows us to know and experience the Lord more intimately. Even in our concern and desire to combat racism (our common study as Dominican Sisters of Peace and Associates), we ultimately seek to enlighten our hearts to the inherited hope, glory, and power that we find only in God.
This is what you can expect during the retreat:
Thursday Evening (April 25, 7 p.m.)
• Evening Prayer (Pam Jackimiec, OPA)
• Social Time
Friday (April 26, beginning at 9 a.m.)
• Morning Prayer (Andrea Pannell, OPA)
• 9:30 a.m. Session: “Deepening Our Reflection. Increasing Our Openness” (Suzanne Brauer, OP)
• 1:30 p.m. Session: “Participating in a Greater Love” (Stephanie Davis, OPA)
• 4:00 p.m. Session: “What We Have Learned” Panel Discussion
Saturday (April 27, beginning at 9 a.m.)
• 9:30 a.m. Session: “What Does/Can Deeper Truth Look Like” (Andrea Pannell, OPA)
• 1:30 p.m. Session: “Creative Expression” (Art Journaling, Creative Writing, Coloring, Private Reflection)
• 4:30 p.m. Mass (Preacher: Jacqueline Mayo, OPA)
• 7 p.m. Evening Prayer, with Wisdom Circle (Stephanie Davis, OPA/Andrea Pannell, OPA)
Sunday (April 28, 9 a.m. -11:30 a.m.)
• Harvest Time (gathering of Reflections from our time together)
• Prayer Service, with foot washing ritual (Pam Jackimiec, OPA)
Double: $75 per night (includes three meals)
Single: $95 per night (includes three meals)
Additional Meals: $10 each
Commuters: $25 per day, plus $10 per meal
If you need transportation to and from the airport please contact Colette Parker, OPA, firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-835-5688.
Airport Information: Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY). Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport (BTR) is an alternative.
Financial assistance is available via the Associates Fund (contact: Colette Parker, OPA, email@example.com or 330-835-5688)